v1.10 adds easier record-replay handling using proxies and significant performance improvements.
- Added command line support to switch from record to replay mode by calling
- Added support to set the Connection HTTP header to "Keep-Alive" per response, and no longer uses "Close" connections during proxies. This has a significant performance improvement (2 orders of magnitude). Keepalive connections should be used for all performance testing unless there's a reason not to.
- Major improvements in application startup time (25-35% on average)
- Command line interface help improvements
- Fixed bug preventing xpath predicates from matching if the namespace URL contained capital letters
- Fixed bug preventing using
nullvalues in JSON response bodies
Many thanks to the following kind folks for help with this release, either through bug reports, suggestions, or direct code contributions:
- Agnibrata Nayak
- Markus Kokott
- Shyam Chary, for the original
npm install -g email@example.com
|Simply unpack and run
mb from inside
/usr/local/bin, which is generally in the
|source tarball if you roll that way.
Windows path limitations
*mountebank wishes very much for your Windows experience to be hassle-free, but he is simply not qualified to address a particular constraint of Windows Explorer. For legacy reasons, some Windows applications, including most notably Windows Explorer, have a maximum number of characters allowed in a path of 260 characters. As mountebank writes these words, the longest path he includes in the zip files is around 175 characters. The zip file name, which is likely to represent itself as two nested directories if you use the defaults to unzip it, will be around 25 characters. That gives you very little wiggle room. If you unzip the file in your users directory, you may very likely get an error because of this constraint.
The following solutions will all work:
- Unzip to the root of your C: drive (or a similar small path)
- Use 7zip to unzip the file instead of Windows Explorer
npmto install mountebank instead of the zip file