- I extracted the lifecycle management code the mountebank build uses into a separate grunt-mountebank build plugin. Instructions for implementing build plugins are documented on the client libraries page.
- You can now use inline JSON for http/s response bodies rather than a string.
- Support in-process startup with imposters, bypassing the CLI.
- The source documentation is now auto-deployed on every commit to Firebase.
- Link to Don Henton's UI from the imposters page
- The number of milliseconds the proxied request took is now stored in the
_proxyResponseTimefield of the response.
- Fixed CLI startup and shutdown race conditions. As of this version, the pidfile will only be written once all initialization is complete, including loading any imposters through a config file.
- Fixed github Fork Me logo
Many thanks to the following kind folk for help with this release:
npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org
|Option||node.js required?||sudo required?||links||Description|
|Self-contained archives||No||No||Simply unpack and run
|source tarball||Yes||No||source tarball if you roll that way.|
Windows path limitations
*mountebank wishes very much for your Windows experience to be hassle-free, but he is simply not qualified to address a particular constraint of Windows Explorer. For legacy reasons, some Windows applications, including most notably Windows Explorer, have a maximum number of characters allowed in a path of 260 characters. As mountebank writes these words, the longest path he includes in the zip files is around 175 characters. The zip file name, which is likely to represent itself as two nested directories if you use the defaults to unzip it, will be around 25 characters. That gives you very little wiggle room. If you unzip the file in your users directory, you may very likely get an error because of this constraint.
The following solutions will all work:
- Unzip to the root of your C: drive (or a similar small path)
- Use 7zip to unzip the file instead of Windows Explorer
npmto install mountebank instead of the zip file